Navigation/Menü: Links auf weitere Seiten dieser Website und Banner
- You may write a numerical value and a permissible unit into the free-form field. Alternatively, the unit may be selected from the selector box. The numerical value may be omitted (default is 1).
- You may select the "wanted" unit from the selector box. Alternatively, a permissible "wanted" unit (US name) may be written into the free-form field (usually, no numerical value).
- Numerical value
- unsigned integer or decimal number. A power of ten may be appended by suffixing "+" or "-" and the exponent. "|" denotes a fraction. The numbers "pi" and "mole" are predefined. Examples:
- 3+6 (3 millions)
- 1-3 (1 thousandth)
- 1|3 (1 third)
- You may choose the international symbol or the US name, case is observed. Note: "h" denotes the Planck constant, "hr" is equivalent to "hour". "g" is equivalent to "gram", whereas "grav" (or "force") denotes the gravitational acceleration. "mol" denotes the SI unit, whereas "mole" (or "Mol") is numerically equal to Avogadro's number ("NA").
- Basic units are separated by "-" or spaces, division is indicated by "/", powers by suffixed positive integers. Example:
- m2 (= square meters)
- m2-kg/s2 (= joule, SI unit J)
- Erroneous symbols in the output
- in the "conformability" output, negative exponents are
incorrectly displayed; the meanings are as follows:
/ to the -1
. to the -2
- to the -3
, to the -4
+ to the -5
- Currency Conversion
- You should follow the link given above. Our table is only valid for euro currencies!
Symbol US-Name ------ ------- A amp (ampere) C coul (coulomb) dyn dyne erg erg F farad G gauss g gm (gram) H henry Hz hz (hertz) J joule K degC (kelvin) kg kg (kilogram) l liter m m (meter) MHz mhz (megahertz) ml ml (milliliter) mol Mx maxwell N nt (newton) Oe oe (oersted) P poise Pa pascal s s (sec, second) St stoke T tesla V volt W watt Wb weber Ohm (Omega) ohm
Constants a0 Bohr radius (bohrradius) alpha reciprocal fine structure constant amu atomic mass unit au astronomical unit c speed of light in vacuum e elementary charge epsilon permittivity of vacuum (permittivity) faraday Faraday constant force acceleration of gravity gammae electron gyromagnetic ratio gammap proton gyromagnetic ratio (in water) ge electron Lande factor (g value) gH proton Lande factor grav acceleration of gravity (same as force) Grav gravitational constant (gravity) h Planck constant (planckconstant) hartree atomic energy unit hbar h/2 pi (hquer) k Boltzmann constant (boltzmannconstant) lambdac Compton wavelength (comptonwavelength) me electron rest mass (electronmass) mn neutron rest mass (neutronmass) mp proton rest mass (protonmass) mole equal to Avogadro's number (pure number!) Mol same as mole mu permeability of vacuum (permeability) muB Bohr magneton (mub, bohrmagneton) mun nuclear magneton (muN, nuclearmagneton) NA Avogadro's number (unit /mol) nue electron Larmor frequency factor nup proton Larmor frequency factor pi 3.14159... (Ludolf's number) R gas constant Vmol molar volume
The script makes use of the Unix program units. For further details, see the man page of units